Best of luck to IADT Animation recent graduates Aisling O' Reilly, Sarah Walsh and Anita Gaughan who are showing their films in the Best Irish Student or Graduate Shortlisted Film category in the 2014 Dublin Animation Film Festival on Saturday 18th of October in The Pavilion Theatre, Dun Laoghaire. Well done to all and fingers crossed!
The following films have been shortlisted for the Best Irish Student or Graduate Short Film:
1. In Sheep’s Clothing – Aisling O’Reilly – IADT (Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology)
2. Marrying the Sea – Sarah Walsh – IADT (Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology)
3. Shoot – Rory Conway – BCFE (Ballyfermot College of Further Education)
4. Wounded – Helga Kristjana Bjarnadottir – BCFE (Ballyfermot College of Further Education)
5. Vertical Horizons – Anita Gaughan – IADT (Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology)
All of these films are eligible for the Audience Choice Award – voting takes place after the screenings on the 18th of October at the Pavilion Theatre, Dun Laoghaire.
Apologies but I won't be there to vote for my favourites - my 'A Warning To All Kings' short film is screening at exactly the same time in the Gate Cinema in Cork, at the 2014 Indie Cork Film Festival! Prayers welcome...